Catch up on the industry news and opinion you may have missed this week.
- Though not quite as clear as his typical post, Mike Shatzkin tries to explain why big publishers are at odds with public libraries.
- Kris Rusch takes on blanket non-compete clauses in trade publishing contracts.
The New World of Publishing
- Nutty profile of bot-controlled pricing insanity at online retailers.
- Amazon removes 5000 books over pricing dispute with publisher.
- Barnes & Noble released their financials for the holiday season. Online sales, including Nook, were strong, but not strong enough to prevent net income from dropping slightly year over year.
- Equal time for all the major online stores I guess: So, what’s up with you iBook Store? DRM Hacked.