Catch up on the industry news and opinion you may have missed this week.
- Mike Shatzkin shares his take on the big questions at the center of the trade publishing world followed by David Vandagriff’s reaction.
- The AAP has shared the December and 2011 overall financial numbers for their member publishers. Same story as most of 2011 with ebooks way up and paperbacks hurting the worst.
The New World of Publishing
- Random House shares the details of its massive price hike on e-books for libraries.
- Paypal is cracking down on certain types of erotica ostensibly at the behest of the major credit card companies and their latest target is Smashwords.
- Veteran publisher, James Atlas, joins Amazon Publishing to edit a line of biographies under the Amazon Lives imprint.
- Check out the latest on the contract standoff between Amazon and IPG resulting in Amazon removing their books.
- And, hey, while you’re at it check out EDC who’ve pulled their books from Amazon voluntarily.
- Kris Rusch discusses the difference between censorship and business disputes in relation to the issues de jour. (Them things above!)