Catch up on the industry news and opinion you may have missed this week.
- Kris Rusch discusses quality in the trade publishing system, and why she considers it a myth.
- Like the Patterson juggernaut, Harlen Coben’s publisher attributes some of his success to publishing more than one book a year.
- Scholastic is having a great year, fueled by the success of The Hunger Games.
- Canadian publishers are struggling.
The New World of Publishing
- Ellie Hirschhorn, Chief Digital Officer at Simon & Schuster, interviewed about the future of publishing and author Bob Mayer responds.