Catch up on the industry news and opinion you may have missed this week.
- Big publishers struggle with ebook lending position in public libraries and small publishers benefit.
The New World of Publishing
- Advice for publishers on how to survive the transition from physical to digital media.
- Kris Rusch covers a wide range of topics from promotions strategies to B&N (unintentionally hilariously) deciding bookstore customers are interested in books in a post tied together by the holiday season.
- An overview of KDP Select results in the first few weeks. (Too soon? Thank you internet time!)
- Amazon announced that the bestselling book overall for 2011 in the Kindle store was by a self-publisher: Darcie Chan’s The Mill River Recluse. And Chris Culver was close behind at #4 with The Abbey.
- 2011 publishing highlights, by the numbers.
- Publishing predictions for 2012.
- Bob Mayer weighs in with 10 “daring” predictions for 2012.